Our Comprehensive New Patient Dental Exam takes approximately one hour and consists of the following:
- Review of previous dental history
- Review of medical history
- Interview with the patient concerning past, present, and future wants and concerns regarding his/her dental condition and needed treatment
- A head and neck muscle examination
- An examination of the Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ)
- A screening examination and evaluation of the bite (screening for bruxism, excessive wear patterns on teeth, malocclusion, ect.)
- A Comprehensive Periodontal Examination (pocket, depth, mobility, furcation involvement, recession, tissue evaluation)
- Decay detection using Diagnodent
- Evaluation of dental restorations
- Oral cancer screening with VELscope
- Dental X-rays (if needed) from Bitewings to a panorex and a series of photographs of your teeth
- An explanation of the findings along with a treatment plan
In some cases, your first visit with us may be due to an acute problem, such as injury, bleeding, or severe pain. The good news is that we can get you in quickly – usually the same day! This will be a shorter exam to address your immediate problem. After your dental emergency is treated, we will find a convenient time for you to return for a full evaluation and comprehensive dental exam.
To schedule an exam, please call us in Erie at 814-838-6354 or email us.